With Simplified Analytics, PeopleSoft end users can create their own FLUID reports based on 4 user-friendly and intuitive steps. Once the report is created, users can publish it on a dashboard or their Homepage. In fact, it is possible to group several reports in a new Homepage or tile, to access them quickly and easily.
The starting point to the process:
- Create a Query or Connect Query
- Create a Pivot grid using the Pivot grid wizard and the Query as the data source
- Map the pivot grid to the chosen component to be displayed
- Publish the Analytics report for other end users to work with it as a template
So, once the template is created and published, users will be able to create their own reports by following the next steps:
Step 1: Initiation
The first step requires adding a title and defining the information visual tools.
The user can select whether or not to see a graphic chart and also, display the information by choosing between a simple table view or a Pivot Grid (a dynamic table view).
Step 2: Fields selection
The user can choose one or several fields from the source query simply by checking them from the list.
Step 3: Data filters
In this step, the user will be able to add or remove data filters from the chart by dragging and dropping data elements.
Step 4: Save and Publish
Oracle highlights the importance of using simplified analytics because data keeps fresh and secure. Fresh because it is fed directly from the database, and secure because it is governed by PeopleSoft security. In other words, if you get a report by exporting data, this report will no longer be updated, and it will not be secure. Also, data is related to the end user’s role, so the same simplified analytics reports could be run by different end users and show different results.
- Simplified Analytics, cómo crear reportes FLUID basados en cuatro fáciles e intuitivos pasos - 2 July, 2018
- PeopleSoft: Simplified Analytics - 26 June, 2018
- PeopleSoft Fluid Timesheet released in HCM PUM Image 25 - 2 February, 2018